Last Updated: May 23, 2018
You provide us with your personal data directly, such as when you create a Xilinx account, submit a query or feedback to us, register for our webinars, software evaluations or programs, register or attend our events, visit our facilities, obtain a licence or product from us, contact us for support or if you provide services to us. We also collect your personal data from your use and interaction with our products and services (including through Xilinx WebTalk), the Xilinx Go App and our website www.xilinx.com. For example, we receive information that your computer or other device sends to us in connection with access requests and via cookies and other technologies that we use to analyze and enhance your use of our website.
Information Which We Collect and Process
We collect and process your personal data including, but not limited to, the following types of personal data:
- Personal details and contact information: This includes information such as name, date of birth, contact information (e.g., home address, telephone, etc.) and information contained in publicly available professional profiles (e.g., education, work experience, etc.).
- Sales and marketing related information: This includes information such as products or technologies purchased, downloaded or licensed from us, the products and services you are interested in, your marketing preferences, phone number, email address, your signature and work information (e.g., company name, work address, work phone number, work email address, job title, etc.) and information about how you interact with our marketing materials.
- Payment and transactional information: This includes information such as billing and payment card details, payment receipts and shipping details.
- Customer support information: This includes information you may provide us with related to your use of our products, technologies or services, including how to contact you so we can provide you customer support.
- Account and user content: This includes information which you provide us when you create an account with us, register for certain customer services or software evaluations or participate in one of our Community Forums or online contests. We also process information such as your username, user email, date and time of visit, forum usage history, any content you post and any personal data contained in complaints or concerns you submit to us. Any information you provide to our Community Forums will be publicly available and may be read, collected, and used by anyone who accesses them.
- Video surveillance and visitor logging information: We monitor both the internal and external areas of our facilities using CCTV and related video surveillance systems. If you visit a Xilinx facility, we may record your image using video surveillance. Where required and permissible by applicable law, we may also collect physical descriptions of visitors to our facilities in order to comply with visitor logging protocols.
- WebTalk information: If WebTalk is enabled, certain information collected by WebTalk (which may include licence keys, codes, location settings, usage statistics, device data, log data, etc.) may be able to identify you.
The provision of certain personal data is mandatory (and may be required accordance with a contractual requirement or to enter into a contract). The collection of any such data will be made clear at the time of collection of the information. If you choose not to submit this information, you may not be able to receive our products, technologies and services.
How We Use Your Personal Data
We use your personal data for the purposes described below, except where restricted by law. In doing so, we rely on a number of separate legal bases to lawfully process such information.
We process your personal data where it is necessary to perform our contractual obligations with you. In particular, we process your personal data to:
- Fulfill our contracts with customers, partners and vendors: We process your personal data in order to perform the contract as set out in any agreement(s) which you have entered into with us, generate quotes and sales data, process customer orders, track shipments, fulfill deliveries and process payments and to fulfill our contracts with business partners, vendors and suppliers.
- Create and administer accounts and registrations: When you create an account with us or register for our products, technologies or services, we process your personal data in order to create and administer yours accounts and registrations.
We may also process your information where necessary to further our legitimate interests and those of others, where those legitimate interests are not overridden by your rights or interests. In particular, the processing of your personal data is necessary for the following legitimate interests:
- Operate, improve and evaluate our business: We use your personal data to operate our services and provide our products and technologies and to improve the efficiency of our operations including developing new products and services, enhancing and improving our products, technologies and services, attracting talented individuals to work with us, providing customer support, managing our communications, analyzing our products and technologies, providing advertising and a more personalized experience for you and performing our contracts with third parties. For example, we use information that we receive via WebTalk so that we can continuously improve our products, technologies and services.
- Communicate with you: We use your personal data (including any personal data obtained via Webtalk) to communicate with you about our products, technologies and services and to let you know about our terms and policies and other important updates. We may also use your information to contact you about joining the Xilinx Talent Community. If you do not object to us using your personal data, we may provide you marketing for our products and services. It is in our legitimate interests to promote and market our products and services.
- Support safety and security: It is in our legitimate interests to use your personal data to prevent unlawful activities and misuse of our goods and services, to protect the safety and security of our customers and personnel, to protect our property, to deter crime and to investigate any security incidents or accidents.
- Legal proceedings: We process your information if necessary to defend our interests in legal proceedings.
In certain circumstances, we may also use your personal information to comply with our legal obligations such as to comply with applicable laws (including export control laws and responding to binding legal process) or to assist law enforcement and government agencies when such is in our or their legitimate interests and where we have a good-faith belief that such cooperation is reasonably necessary or meets the applicable legal standards.
Third Party Activities
You may interact with third parties through our website. Those interactions are governed by the privacy policies of those third parties, and not by this Policy. Interactions that fall into this category include:
- Widgets, such as the Facebook Like button. Widgets may collect your IP address, which page you are visiting on our site, and may set a cookie to enable the feature to function properly. Widgets and other social media features are either hosted by a third party or hosted directly on our website. Your interactions with those features are governed by the privacy policies of the companies providing the widgets.
Sharing of personal data
Where necessary, and in accordance with the purposes set out in this Policy, we share your personal data only to the extent necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy. Your personal data will be shared with other Xilinx group affiliates and third parties that help us operate, provide, improve, understand, support, and market our products and services. For example, we share information with a number of third parties including our Alliance Program partners, advertising partners, training providers, event coordinators, payment processors, order fulfilment partners, shipping providers, customer support service providers and authorized distributors and sales representatives. When we outsource the processing of personal data to third parties or provide personal data to third party service providers, we require those third parties to protect that personal data with appropriate security measures and prohibit or restrict them from using the personal data for their own purposes or from disclosing the personal data to others.
As our business develops, we may buy and sell assets. In such transactions, personal data generally is one of the transferred business assets. As a result, your personal data may also be disclosed, where permitted by applicable law, in connection with a corporate restructuring, sale, or assignment of assets, merger, divestiture, or other changes of control or financial status.
Cookies and similar technologies
We and our marketing partners, affiliates, analytics, and online customer support providers use technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags, and scripts to analyse trends, administer our website, track users’ movements around the website, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies by these companies on an individual or an aggregated basis.
You may choose to stop receiving our newsletter or marketing emails by following the unsubscribe instructions included in these emails, or you can visit the Email Subscription Preferences page.
Retention and Security
We will maintain appropriate technical and organisation measures to protect against accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorised disclosure of, or access to your information. We will provide a level of security that is proportionate to the risks that are presented by the processing activity, having regard to the state of the art, the costs of implementation and the nature, scope, context and purposes of the processing.
We will retain your personal data for as long as is necessary for the purposes set out in this Policy for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you services or to perform our contract with you. We will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes and to enforce our agreements.
Like most international business, Xilinx operates globally and therefore personal data may also be disclosed and transferred to a person or company that is not part of the Xilinx group and located in a country outside the EU/EEA for any of the purposes set out in this Policy. Some of these countries may not have the same levels of data protection as are present in the EU, in which case Xilinx will transfer and disclose your data in compliance with the European Commission’s adequacy decisions on certain countries and the Standard Contractual Clauses approved by the European Commission. You can request a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Xilinx, Inc. also complies with the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework as set forth by the US Department of Commerce regarding the collection, use, and retention of personal information from the European Union Member States. Xilinx, Inc. has certified that it adheres to the Privacy Shield Principles. To learn more about how personal data are transferred pursuant to the EU-US Privacy Shield Framework, please read the Xilinx, Inc. EU-US Privacy Shield Notice located here.
If you live in the EEA, you have a number of rights with regard to your personal data including the right to access or port your personal data and to have any inaccuracies in your personal data corrected. In many cases where we process your information, you may also have a right to restrict or limit the ways in which we use your personal data.
In certain circumstances, you also have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by us. You can request that we delete your personal data and we will carry out this request unless certain exceptional reasons arise permitting us to keep certain personal data about you.
If you are based in the EEA and you wish to raise a concern about our use of your data (and without prejudice to any other rights you may have), you have the right to do so with the Irish Data Protection Commissioner (who is Xilinx’s lead supervisory authority) or your local supervisory authority in the country in which you reside, whichever is more convenient. Click here to find your local supervisory authority.
If you live outside the EEA, Xilinx Inc. is responsible for your information. You can contact Xilinx Inc. by email at email@example.com or write to us at:
2100 All Programmable Drive
San Jose, CA 95124
If you live in the EEA, the data controller you should contact is Xilinx Ireland Unlimited Company, an Irish company by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
Xilinx Ireland Unlimited Company
Citywest Business Campus
This Policy may be updated from time to time. If we make changes that are material we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification.