AR# 10689: 3.1is6 Evaluation CD Install - Traditional Chinese Windows 98SE will not install the Evaluation CD correctly.
3.1is6 Evaluation CD Install - Traditional Chinese Windows 98SE will not install the Evaluation CD correctly.
Keywords: 3.1is6, evaluation, CD, install, installation, Traditional, Chinese, Windows 98SE, Win98SE, Foundation
General Description: Using the Traditional Chinese version of Windows 98SE, I am trying to install the F3.1is6 Evaluation CD. It is reported that the installation was successful, but none of the Foundation components were installed, and Foundation ISE will not run.
The following work-around will allow you install the Evaluation CD on Traditional Chinese Windows 98SE:
1. Set the Regional Settings to English (United States):
- Click the Windows "Start" button. - Go to Settings -> Control Panel. - Double-click "Regional Settings." - Under the "Regional Settings" tab, select "English (United States)."
2. Run the Foundation 3.1is6 Evaluation CD installation.
3. When it asks if you want to reboot now, choose "NO".
4. Go back to the Regional Settings as described in STEP I above, and change the Regional Settings back to Chinese(Taiwanese).