You are using a deprecated Browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Xilinx.
WebPACK 3.3 AHDL2BLIF - "Assertion failed runtime error in ahdl2blif.exe File../s/infer.cxx" is reported when an ABEL file is compiled using the XST flow
Keywords: ABEL, XST, WebPACK, assertion, infer, CXX, AHDL2BLIF, arithmetic inference, runtime, visual C++
When I attempt to compile an ABEL file using the XST flow, the following error is reported:
"Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library
Line : 991
Expression NULL != pRValue && NULL != pLValue"
This error will occur if you are using the XST flow with "Arithmetic Inferencing" selected in the "Compile" options.
(This problem was caused by an error in the inferencing sub-program; it was fixed in the 4.1i software release.)
To work around this issue, either use the ABEL-BLIF flow or turn off Arithmetic Inferencing.
To use the ABEL-BLIF flow:
- Select "Properties" from the Source menu.
- In the "Synthesis Tool" option box, select "ABEL-BLIF."
To turn off Arithmetic Inferencing:
- Right-click on "Compile Design" and select "Properties."
- Select the "Compile Logic" tab.
- Un-check the box for "Enable Arithmetic Inferencing."