The Updates Installer will locate the required patch archive and display it in its selection window. There is no need to perform a separate download of the patch using this method.
1. Start CORE Generator. From the CORE Generator Main GUI, select Tools -> Updates Installer.
If you do not see the Updates Installer selection, this may mean that you have not properly installed the E_IP1 update. (Re-install E_IP1 if necessary.)
If you are prompted for a proxy host, contact your administrator to determine the proxy host address and port you should be using to get through your firewall.
2. Select " 4.xi_IP_Update_1_Tactical_Patch_1" from the list of updates in the Available Packages panel.
3. Click "Add To Install Queue" to add the zip file for the patch to the queue.
At this time, you may be prompted to enter a log-in name and password. Use the Xilinx log-in and password that you would use when downloading IP Updates and software Service Packs.
4. Click "Install All Packages From Queue". This will begin the patch download.
After the patch has downloaded, the Updates Installer will display a dialog box indicating that it will be terminating the CORE Generator session and installing the downloaded archive. Another dialog box will inform you when the patch installation is complete. You can then restart CORE Generator.
5. To confirm that you have installed the patch files properly, check the following file: C:\Xilinx\coregen\install\install_history (assuming that your Xilinx software is installed in C:\Xilinx)
Be sure that you have "eip1_tp1" noted at the top of the file.
Method 2: Manual Installation Method
You can also download and install the patch manually by following the instructions below. Use this method if you are having problems with the Updates Installer.
1. If you are running CORE Generator, quit the application.
2. PC users: Download the eip1_tp1.zip file from above URL and save it to a temporary directory. UNIX users: Download the eip1_tp1.tar.gz from above URL and save it to a temporary directory.
(NOTE: You will be prompted for your Xilinx User ID and password. If you do not have a Xilinx User ID and password, you will see a link that will allow you to request and receive one immediately.)
3. Extract the zip or tar file to the root directory of your Xilinx software installation. Allow extraction to overwrite all the existing files and maintain the directory structure pre-defined in the archive. On a PC, the Xilinx software installation directory will typically be located at C:\XILINX if you used the installation default. For UNIX, you may need to check with your system administrator to find the installation and you will need to have the appropriate permissions to be able to install the patch.
4. After installing the patch, restart CORE Generator.