This solution decribes the process of manually or automatically creating a new snapshot for a stand-alone project. This can be useful if you have an old revision of a project and you want to bring a snapshot of that project into a new project directory.
1. In your new project, create a snapshot
2. Go to the snapshot directory and Make a new Folder (This will be the Snapshot Name)
3. Copy the XCOMSNP file from the snapshot/name directory from Step 1 to the new Snapshot directory created in Step 2
4. Copy contents of old ISE Project directory into the Snapshot directory from Step 2.
5. Rename the extension of the .npl file, that is now in the new Snapshot directory from Step 2, to .snp
1. Open the old project in ISE.
2. Take a snapshot of the project.
3. Copy the snapshot folder from the old project snapshot directory to the snapshot directory of the new project.