This Release Note is for the Generic Framing Procedure Core v1.1 released in 6.3i IP Update 3.
If you are using Generic Framing Procedure Core v1.2 released in 6.3i IP Update 4, please see updated Release Note (Xilinx Answer 20275).
This Release Note contains the following information:
Please see (Xilinx Answer 19939) for installation instructions and software and tool requirements.
New Features in v1.1
- Fully compliant with ITU-T recommendations G.7041/Y.1303
- Supported in Virtex-4, Virtex-II Pro, and Spartan-3 families
- Individually optimized for OC-48 and OC-192 applications
- Supports Frame-mapped, Transparent, or Mixed modes
- Supports all G.7041-defined protocols, including Ethernet
- Gigabit Ethernet, PPP, RPR, Fibre Channel, FICON,ESCON,DVB-ASI
- Supports up to 10 independent channels, enabling multi-line and multi-service systems
- Enables Ethernet-over-SONET and Data-over-SONETapplications
- Easily integrates into designs using Xilinx standard LocalLink interface
Bug Fixes in V1.1
None (Initial release)
GFP v1.1 Known Issues
- Supports only 32-bit (OC-48) implementation
While the first release (v1.1) supports only a 32-bit bus interface, a 64-bit solution will be available soon after the initial release. For early access, please contact your Xilinx Sales Office. Official 64-bit support is scheduled for October, 2004.