When I compile my code from the XPS GUI, the GNU compiler processes my C source files and produces an ELF file.
Is it possible to view the assembly (.s) files that the GNU compiler generates for my C code?
A number of different methods are available for viewing the assembly (.s) files. One method is described below:
1. In XPS, select the Applications tab.
2. Right-click the relevant project and select "Set Compiler Options".
3. Select the Paths and Options tab.
4. In the Other Compiler Options to Append field, enter "-save-temps".
5. Click OK.
6. Re-compile your software application.
All the intermediate files used by the compiler, including the assembly files, will be saved in the project directory.