Is there a way to view the handshaking signals?
Yes, you can look at the handshaking interface waveforms using your simulator of choice, as described in the following example:
1. If you are using ModelSim and Verilog, look in the directory "<project_directory>/Verilog/ModelsimImpl" and find the "Modelsim_do.do" file that is used by AccelDSP to run ModelSim.
2. Invoke ModelSim.
3. In the ModelSim command window, enter "do vsim.do" to load the design.
4. Enter "view wave" or select the menu View -> Debug Windows -> Wave.
5. Click on the "dut" object in the Workspace and drag it to the Wave window. You should see all of the DAP signals listed.
6. Run the simulation (e.g., "run 200us").