xlOpenGui could not parse XML file ..."">
Why does the following error occur when I run System Generator for DSP 8.1 or later from a network install or when I install a new version of System Generator for DSP?
"Error using ==> xlOpenGui could not parse XML file %SYSGEN%\guis\register_gui.xml"
Where %SYSGEN% is the location of the System Generator for DSP Install.
You can resolve this issue by registering the System Generator for DSP 8.1 or later GUI com object with the local Windows install as follows:
1. Close all current MATLAB sessions.
2. Open a new session of MATLAB.
3. Use "xlVersion" command to make sure that you have the failing version of System Generator for DSP set as your current version, and restart MATLAB if requested to do so.
4. Type "cd(xlFindSysgenRoot')".
5. Type "cd bin".
6. Run "!sysgengui.exe -regserver".
For System Generator for DSP 8.2, run "!sysgengui8_2.exe -regserver".
7. Restart MATLAB.
NOTE: This command needs to be run only once, but it must be run on every machine on the network that will be using System Generator for DSP.