- Windows XP Home (Service Pack 1)/Professional (Service Pack 1)
- Sun Solaris 8/9
- Linux Red Hat Enterprise 3.0 (32-bit and 64-bit)
You might need system administrator privileges to install the update.
A new revision called ISE IP Update 2 LXT Supplement rev 1 is now available for download. This updated revision fixes an issue with not being able to view the RocketIO Wizard v1.2 once the supplement is installed.
8.2i IP Update 2 LXT Supplement Installation Prerequisites
Before installing the 8.2i IP Update 2 LXT Supplement, you must have the following already installed:
1. Ensure that 8.2i SP3 or later is installed. Xilinx ISE design tools updates are available from the Download Center at:
Once the above requirements are complete, install the LXT IP Update Supplement by following one of the two methods listed below:
Method 1: Automated Update using the Web Installer
1. Start the CORE Generator Web Installer (from the CORE Generator main GUI, select Tools -> Software Update...). This starts up the WebUpdate application. If you are prompted for a proxy host, contact your administrator to determine the proxy host address and port number that you should be using to get through your firewall.
2. Select "8.2i IP Update 2 LXT Supplement," from the list of updates in the Available Packages panel.
If you are prompted to enter a login name and password, use the Xilinx login and password that you normally use to download IP Updates and Service Packs.
3. Click "Ok" to initiate a download of the update. After the update is downloaded, the WebUpdate Installer displays a dialog box indicating that it is terminating the CORE Generator session and installing the downloaded archive. Another dialog box will indicate when the update installation is complete; when this appears, you can restart CORE Generator.
4. To confirm that you have installed the update properly, select Help -> About.
Method 2: Manual Installation
Use this method if you are behind a firewall and do not know your proxy settings:
1. Close the CORE Generator application, if it is running.
2. Download the appropriate ".zip" file from the following location and save it to a temporary directory: