AR# 24226: 8.2i IP Update #3 - Release Notes and Known Issues for CORE Generator ISE 8.2i IP Update 3 (8.2i_IP3)
8.2i IP Update #3 - Release Notes and Known Issues for CORE Generator ISE 8.2i IP Update 3 (8.2i_IP3)
This Answer Record contains Release Notes for ISE 8.2i IP Update 3 (also known as 8.2i_IP3) and includes the following:
- IP-Related Known Issues
- CORE Generator Known Issues
- Platform Support
- Installation Instructions
- MXE Simulation Library
Linux users should review (Xilinx Answer 24471). Once IP Update #3 is installed on Linux, the ISE version may incorrectly be listed as 8.2.2. (Xilinx Answer 24471) contains more information including a work around to this problem.
Release Notes and Known Issues for IP Included in IP Update Release
Install the IP Update by following one of the two methods listed below:
Method 1: Automated Update using the Web Installer
1. Start the CORE Generator Web Installer (from the CORE Generator main GUI, select Tools -> Software Update...). This starts the WebUpdate application. If you are prompted for a proxy host, contact your administrator to determine the proxy host address and port number that you should be using to get through your firewall.
2. Select "ISE 8.2i IP Update 3" from the list of updates in the Available Packages panel.
If you are prompted to enter a login name and password, use the Xilinx login and password that you normally use to download IP Updates and Service Packs.
3. Click "OK" to initiate a download of the update. After the update is downloaded, the WebUpdate Installer displays a dialog box indicating that it is terminating the CORE Generator session and installing the downloaded archive. Another dialog box will indicate when the update installation is complete; when this appears, you can then restart CORE Generator.
4. To confirm that you have installed the update properly, select Help -> About.
Method 2: Manual Installation
Use this method if you are behind a firewall and do not know your proxy settings:
1. Close the CORE Generator application, if it is running.
2. Download the appropriate .zip file from the following location: