AR# 3599: 4.2i Foundation HDL Editor - Bus pins are not created for ABEL macros
4.2i Foundation HDL Editor - Bus pins are not created for ABEL macros
Keywords: pin, bus, macro, ABEL, HDL Editor
General Description: When I create an ABEL macro from HDL Editor, the symbol that is created does not have bus pins; instead, I see individual pins for each bit of the bus.
This is a known problem with the ABEL macro flow in Foundation. If you wish to have bus pins on the symbol rather than individual pins for each bit, you may edit the symbol in the Symbol Editor as follows:
- Open the Symbol Editor -- this may be done in one of two ways:
1. Double-click on the placed macro, and select the button that reads "Symbol Editor." 2. Select Options -> Symbol Editor from the Schematic Editor, then open up the appropriate symbol from Symbol Editor.
- Click on one of the individual pins of the bus and select "BUS" from the pin-type selection window.
- Type the name and the width of the bus in the name field (e.g., DATABUS[3:0]).
- Delete the remaining individual pins for the bus by selecting one pin at the time, then selecting Edit-> Delete.
- Save your changes and close the Symbol Editor. (You may have to re-place the macro on the schematic sheet to see the changes.)