This Answer Record contains the Release Notes for the LogiCORE IP Ten Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA (10GBASE-R) v2.1 Core, released in ISE Design Suite 13.1, and includes the following:
For installation instructions, general CORE Generator known issues, and design tools requirements, see the IP Release Notes Guide:
The following are generated out of the CORE Generator software:
1) CR 553464- For cores generated without the MDIO interface, LogiCORE IP Ten Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA User Guide(UG692):
Table 5-27, configuration_vector bit 9 should be used to clear the Test Pattern Error Count in status vector bits [37:22].
2) CR 539060- During simulation, it is possible that reading from PCS Status 2 register (3.33) might return a value of XXXXXX in bits [13:8] for the BER counter if the 64b66b decoder has not been stimulated. This can happen for example if the GTH is placed into PMA Loopback and Transmit Disable is set.
3) CR 553899- During simulation, with the core set to PRBS31 test pattern generation and checking and PMA Loopback set, it is possible that the first read from the Test Pattern Error Count register (PCS register 3.43) will return all Xs. This register should return a real value when next read.
4) CR 547348- The PCS Reset register bit (register 3.0 bit 15) does not clear the PCS Loopback Enable register bit (register 3.0 bit 14)and doesnot clear the Test Pattern Error Count register (3.43). This is a divergence from the IEEE 802.3-2008 specification.
5) CR 555273- For cores generated without the MDIO interface, Configuration_vector bits 9, 138 and 139 might need to be toggled twice to clear the respective counter values in the status_vector. Once the error conditions have been removed, there will be some latency before the status_vector accumulators can be completely cleared. Toggling the configuration_vector bit(s) after removing the error condition but before the final error counts have been accumulated will result in non-zero values in the associated status_vector bits until a second toggle is performed.
6) CR 556253- Timing Simulation errors It is possible that the implementation step will have placed the xgmii_rx output pins in such a way that there is a significant skew on those outputs w.r.t. the xgmii_rx_clk output. The testbench samples the xgmii_rx outputs on the rising edges of xgmii_rx_clk, so this misalignment should present itself as simulation RX data mismatches and/or a testbench timeout. While this is an artificial situation created by adding pins to what will not normally be a pinned-out interface, adding the following two lines to the UCF file provided with the core should limit the skew on the XGMII_RX outputs and thus avoid the problem:
NET "*xgmii_rxc*" MAXDELAY = 4000ps;
NET "*xgmii_rxd*" MAXDELAY = 4000ps;
An alternative would be to add a bank of output registers to the xgmii_rx outputs and decorate those with IOB=TRUE attributes. You might then also need to change the polarity of the xgmii_rx_clk edge on which the xgmii_rx outputs are sampled by the testbench.
7) CR553078- (Verilog designs only)
Line 196 of the file /example_design/gth/v6gth_wrapper_quad.v is incorrect. This should read:
// synthesis attribute shreg_extract of rx_sync_reset0_r is no;This prevents a warning from XST which cannot parse the original code and will explicitly avoid using an SRL for a reset synchronizer
(Xilinx Answer 40897) - LogiCORE IP - Xs are seen in Modelsim 6.6c functional or timing simulation
(Xilinx Answer 40555) - LogiCORE IP Ten Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA (10GBASE-R) v2.1 - Occasional timing errors seen when targeting 7 Series Devices
(Xilinx Answer 42675) - LogiCORE IP Ten Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA (10GBASE-R) v2.1 - 7-Series Transceiver Wrapper - GTX Port Name Changes in ISE 13.2
(Xilinx Answer 42849) - Ten Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA (10GBASE-R) v2.1 - Why does the Example Design fail in bitgen when targeting Virtex-7 or Kintex-7 devices
(Xilinx Answer 43703) -Ten Gigabit Ethernet PCS/PMA (10GBASE-R) v2.1 - Update RXBUFRESET Initialization Sequence and BUFFER_CONFIG_LANEx Attribute Values in GTH Wrapper files