- Supports automatic generation of HDL wrapper files for the Virtex-5 LXT Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC
- Instantiates user-configurable Ethernet MAC physical interfaces (GMII, MII, RGMII, SGMII and 1000Base-X PCS/PMA configurations are supported)
- Provides a FIFO-based example design
- Provides a demonstration testbench for the selected configuration
- ISE 13.1 software support
- ISE 14.1 software support
- Virtex-5 XC LXT/SXT/TXT/FXT
- Virtex-5 XQ LXT/SXT/FXT
- (Xilinx Answer 39190) Virtex-5 FPGA Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.7 - GTP/GTX Physical DRC failure in MAP
Known Issues Resolved in v1.8 rev1
Known Issues in v1.8 and v1.8 rev1
- (Xilinx Answer 45916) Virtex-5 FPGA Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.8 - PhysDesignRules error during MAP when using SGMII or 1000BASE-X modes
- (Xilinx Answer 34966)Virtex-5 FPGA Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.7 - Configurations using EMAC0 and EMAC1, each with tri-speed GMII and standard clocking, fail in MAP due to Place error
- (Xilinx Answer 43338) Virtex-4/Virtex-5/Virtex-6 FPGA Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper - Configured for MII, GMII, or RGMII operation at 10 Mbps, MDIO transactions errors can occur
- (Xilinx Answer 47354) Virtex-4/Virtex-5 Embedded Tri-Mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper - Simulation Failure using Cadence IES 11.1
Download Rev1 Update (Included in the Xilinx ISE 14.1 and later software)
The Rev1 update is included in the Xilinx ISE 14.1 and later software, users only need to download it if using Xilinx ISE 13.x. If using Xilinx ISE 13.x to get the Rev1 update to resolve the issue described above, apply the following patch to the Xilinx ISE 13.x software installation:
Install the patch by extracting the contents of the ".zip" archive to the root directory of the Xilinx ISE 13.x software installation. Select the option that allows the extractor to overwrite all of the existing files and maintain the directory structure predefined in the archive.
After installing the patch, regenerate the Virtex-5 FPGA Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC Wrapper v1.8 in the 13.x CORE Generator tool.For further information on finding the Xilinx installation and using environment variables, see (Xilinx Answer 11630).
NOTE: You might need system administrator privileges to install the patch if you do not have write permissions to the Xilinxinstallation directory.