You are using a deprecated Browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Xilinx.
Virtex-6 FPGA GTX Transceiver - Using RXELECIDLE above 5Gbps
There are three noted use cases where the electrical idle circuit in the Virtex-6 GTX Transceiver can be utilized:
- Hot Plug situations
- Detection of a cable unplug
- Detection of plug-in
This Answer Record discusses how to utilize the GTX transceiver in each of these conditions.
- For Hot Plug situations:
- Set IGNORESIGDET=1, RX_EN_IDLE_xxx=FALSE and GATERXELECIDLE=0.
- Ensure OOB_THRESHOLD is set to the recommended value.
- Ensure that incoming TX is above 300 mVppd for a 101010 pattern at the RX package balls.
- For cable un-plugged:
- RXELECIDLE will always be asserted.
- Ensure that noise (Xtalk) does not exceed 40 mVppd on the RX input.
- For plug-in detect:
- Monitor RXELECIDLE for transitions.
- Once a transition is detected:
- RXCDRRESET and GTXTEST (DFERESET) should be asserted and de-asserted simultaneously.
- Wait for more than 50 microseconds, RXRESET is to be asserted.
- Monitor RXDATA for error free operation.
- If there are data errors and RXELECIDLE =0, then repeat Stepsa through c).
- Virtex-6 CXT
- Virtex-6 HXT
- Virtex-6 LXT
- Virtex-6 SXT