When a design contains some Partial Reconfiguration modules, is it still possible to place logic from the Static module into the Partial Reconfiguration areas?
Static logic is permitted to exist in a frame that will be reconfigured, as long as:
- It is outside of the area group defined by the Pblock (unless forced inside with a LOC constraint),
- It does not contain dynamic elements such as block RAM, Distributed (LUT) RAM, or SRLs.
When static logic is placed in a reconfigured frame, the exact functionality of the static logic is rewritten, and is guaranteed not to glitch.
Below is a list of some of the elements that cannot be part of a Partial Reconfiguration module:
- Global Clock Buffers, Regional Clock Buffers, and Clock Modifying Blocks must be in static logic.
- Device feature blocks must be in static logic, for example: BSCAN, CAPTURE, DCIRESET, FRAME_ECC,ICAP, KEY_CLEAR, STARTUP, USR_ACCESS
- All I/Os must reside in static logic.
- High speed transceivers must remain in the static Partition.