I am looking at the Device View and would like to check the congestion of my design, however, when I right-click in the device view and select Metric -> Vertical routing congestion per CLB, or Metric -> Horizontal routing congestion per CLB, the device is shown in all white or white with a little orange.
Is this expected?
How can I get more granularity in the congestion view?
If the design congestion view is shown in all white, it means the design has very little congestion and does not register a congestion difference using the default values.
The granularity of the congestion display can be changed as follows:
- From the top tool bar, choose Window -> Metrics.
- In the Metrics Window, highlight and right-click on either "Vertical routing congestion per CLB" or "Horizontal routing congestion per CLB".
- In the pop-up menu, select "Metric Properties".
- In the Metric Property Window, you should see a table of bins with IDs 1,2,3,4, etc... Highlight Bin 1, then right-click and select "Insert Bin ..."
- Enter the "From" and "To" numbers (e.g., 0, 5) in the newly created bin, and select the corresponding color you wish to have displayed in the Device View for this range of congestion.
- Repeat step 5, if necessary, to add the desired granularity (number of ranges).
- Click OK -> Apply.
- In the Device View, right-click Metric -> "Vertical routing congestion per CLB" or "Horizontal routing congestion per CLB".