I open the Vivado tool (or PlanAhead tool) frequently and would like to be able to launch it from the Windows 7 taskbar.
How can I "pin" vivado.bat to the Windows 7 taskbar?
To pin vivado.bat (or planAhead.bat) to your Windows 7 taskbar so that it will launch the Vivado tool correctly, do the following:
- Launch the tool through the .bat file one time (e.g., use the Start menu or navigate to the vivado.bat file in the install directory).
- Right-click on the cmd.exe (not the vivado.exe) icon which opens on the taskbar after launching the tool and select "Pin this program to taskbar."
- Right-click the shortcut on the taskbar. You will see a list that includes "Command Prompt" and "Unpin this program from the taskbar".
- Right-click the icon for Command Prompt and select Properties.
- In the Target box, go to the end of "%SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe" and add "/C" (without quotations) followed by the path and name of the batch file (e.g., %SystemRoot%\system32\cmd.exe /C C:\Xilinx\Vivado\2012.4\bin\vivado.bat).
- Optional: Change, the "Start in" location, Icon, Comments, and General Title as desired.
- Select OK.