AR# 981: XABEL-CPLD - How do I convert JEDEC files to ABEL?
XABEL-CPLD - How do I convert JEDEC files to ABEL?
Keywords: JEDEC, ABEL, convert, XABEL, CPLD
General Description: How do I convert a JEDEC file to an ABEL file using the XABEL-CPLD software?
(Please note that there is a select list of simple PAL/PLD type devices that can be converted. This does not apply to CPLDs such as the 9500 and XPLA devices.)
XABEL-CPLD and Foundation v1.4 and earlier had this capability.
1. Import the files in to a new project so that they appear in your Sources window.
2. Consult on-line help for either the 7K or 9K device kit. Find the device for which the JEDEC file was generated in the "JEDEC Device Types" help screens. (Use the FIND+ tool to expedite this step.)
3. Highlight the JEDEC file in your Sources window; under the Tools menu on the menu bar, select "Convert JEDEC to ABEL."
4. At the prompt, enter the Device Type that you looked up in Step 2 (i.e., P22V10).
5. There will now be a "file.ABL" in the project directory. In order to merge all the designs, a top-level ABEL file must be created to join each file. Follow the help screens for creating a top-level ABEL file in the ABEL on-line help system (do not use the help screens for the device kit!).