You are using a deprecated Browser. Internet Explorer is no longer supported by Xilinx.
Embedded System Design Flow on Zynq using ISE
||This course provides professors with an introduction to embedded system design flow using ZedBoard and Xilinx Embedded Development Kit (EDK).
|Who should attend?
||Professors who are familiar with Xilinx FPGA technology and wish to get up to speed with FPGA-based embedded systems design using Zynq.
- Digital logic and FPGA design experience
- Basic experience with Xilinx ISE® Foundation™ software
- Basic understanding of C programming
- Basic microprocessor experience
After completing this workshop, you will be able to:
- Rapidly architect an embedded system targeting a ARM processor of Zynq located on ZedBoard
- Extend the hardware system with Xilinx provided peripherals
- Create a custom peripheral and add it to the system
- Write software code to access peripherals
- Perform IP level bus functional simulation verification
- EDK Introduction
- Lab 1: Basic Hardware Design
- Quickly create a ARM-based embedded system targeting Zynq.
- Zynq Architecture
- Adding IPs in Programmable Logic
- Lab 2: Adding Peripherals in Programmable Logic
- Extend the hardware system by adding AXI peripherals from the IP catalog.
- Creating Your Own IP Peripheral
- Lab 3: Creating and Adding Your Own Custom Peripheral
- Use the Create/Import Peripheral Wizard to extend the system with a custom peripheral.
- Software Development Environment
- Lab 4: Writing Basic Software Applications
- Write a basic C application to access the peripherals.
- Software Development and Debugging
- Lab 5: Software Writing for timer and Debugging Using Software Development Kit (SDK)
- Use API to drive CPU's timer. Perform software debugging using SDK.
- Bus Functional Model Simulation
- Lab 6: BFM Simulation
- Use simulator to perform BFM simulation to verify the custom IP functionality.