Xilinx provides a Virtex-6 Integrated Tri-mode Ethernet MAC core with integrated serial interface to ensure first time success in your design.
The CORE Generator™ Virtex®-6 Embedded Tri-mode Ethernet Media Access Controller (MAC) Wrapper automates the generation of HDL wrapper files for the embedded Tri-mode Ethernet MAC in Virtex-6 devices. Preconfigured HDL wrappers as well as testbenches and implement and simulation scripts are generated automatically based on user defined options.
Included at no additional charge with ISE software.
Key Features and Benefits
- Provides user configurable Virtex-6 Tri-mode Ethernet MAC (TEMAC) physical interface
- Simplifies interconnection between the Ethernet MAC and the PHY
- Provides single bistream for 1000base-X or SGMII interfaces
- 1000base-X interface runs at up to 2.5 Gbps
- Supports MII, GMII, RGMII v1.3, RGMII v2.0, SGMII, and 1000BASE-X PCS/PMA interfaces
- Clock Enable inputs on the Transmit and Receive clients available when the Ethernet MAC is configured in GMII/MII or RGMII modes (halves the BUFG requirements)