When I open a design from EDK 7.1i in EDK 8.1i that includes a user IP, the following error occurs when generating the netlist or the .elf file:
""[ppc405_0/lib/libxil.a]" - "[implementation/system.bmm]" error 1"
You can work around this issue by regenerating the MPD file in EDK 8.1i using your HDL with Create or Import Peripheral, as follows:
1. Start the Create and Import Peripheral Wizard.
2. Import the existing Peripheral.
3. Select Next.
4. Add your peripheral name.
5. Select the version Box.
6. Select HDL Source files.
7. Browse to the Existing Peripheral Analysis Order(*PAO) file.
8. Click Next.
9. Select the SOPB bus interface.
10. Select Next.
11. Select Next.
12. Deselect the interrupt ID.
13. Generate and use the MPD to see if you have all of the ports.