I would like to use the Platform Flash XL in my embedded design, but Base System Builder sets up the design to use the P30 part.
How can I use Platform Flash XL?
To use Platform Flash XL, you need to make the following modifications to your ML605 design:
- In the MHS:
- Connect the P30_CS_SEL (fpga_0_FLASH_CE_inverter_Res_pin) to ground
- Connect the FPGA_FCS_B (new signal in your design) to the memory controller's CEN pin
- Add the Mem_ADV_LDN port to your memory controller
- Connect the Mem_ADV_LDN_net (new signal in your design) to the PLATFORMFLASH_L_B pin
- Add the following (based on your signal names) to the UCF:
Net fpga_0_FLASH_CE_inverter_Res_pin LOC=AJ12 | IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS25;
Net fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_ADV_LDN_pin LOC=AC23 | IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS25;
Net fpga_0_FLASH_Mem_FPGA_FCS__B_pin LOC=Y24 | IOSTANDARD=LVCMOS25;
- Run Flashwriter one time so that it automatically creates the flash_params.tcl file in your project's etc directory. When Flashwriter has completed, open the etc/flash_params.tcl file and add the following line, then save and close the file:
set XILINX_PLATFORM_FLASH 1
- Open a Bash shell from your XPS / SDK project and run Flashwriter from the command line.Doing so causes Flashwriter to not write out a new flash_params.tcl file, but use the one you have saved in the etc directory:
prompt> xmd -tcl flashwriter.tcl
An example project has been provided.