This issue occurs after changing the name of a run in the properties window.
- Highlight synth_1 in the Design Runs tab
- In the Synthesis Run Properties window, change the name of the synthesis directory (from synth_1 to synth_test_run)
Then after closing and reopening the project the following error is displayed:
ERROR: [Common 17-48] File not found: C:/projects/project_1/project_1.data/runs/synth_1/synth_1.psg
The Vivado GUI allows the run names to be changed and it is useful to be able to rename the runs to something that is more descriptive (for example synth_noFFreduction), rather than a generic name.
In Vivado Design Suite 2012.2, when you change the name of a run using the properties window, the following three things happen:
- The run is renamed in the GUI
- The synth directory is changed (project_1/project_1.data/runs/synth_1 to project_1/project_1.data/runs/synth_test_1)
- The .psg file name is changed (project_1/project_1.data/runs/synth_1/synth_1.psg to project_1/project_1.data/runs/synth_test_1/synthe_test_1.psg)
Unfortunately, the data pointing to the run file is not updated.
Therefore, the error is issued since the .psg file with the original name no longer exists.
If you manually rename the directory and .psg file to the original name, then you can open the project.
The GUI still shows the new name and if you run the synthesis process, the old directory is deleted and the directory with the new name (e.g.synth_test_1) is created.
In Vivado 2012.3, this issue is fixed by only allowing the name of a run to be changed if it is in the reset state.